Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Jeffrey Campbell DIY!!

Man... I love Jeffrey Campbell shoes! I also love a good off season sale. I bought this pair of shoes by Soda for $5. I do a lot of off season shopping because stores put boots out while we still have time to wear sandals. Anyway, I loved theses looks from last summer, and decided to recreate it. The entire project cost $7.48! Say What O_o!!




I'm sure this summer I will still be flyy in last summers trend. Studded fashion isn't going anywhere anytime soon.  So I will show you how I went from this:


To this in a few easy steps...


What you will Need:
  1. A pair of shoes with a cork wedged heel. You can also use espadrilles because they already have a pattern in them. (But that's a slightly different look)  
  2. Gold Thumb Tacks. Which I got from the dollar store. I got 5 packs of 200 only because they were $1. I only used 2 packs and that is a huge heel to cover.
  3. Pin tool or something sharp to pierce the cork.
  4. Small hammer or something heavy to tap the thumbtacks.  
  5. Optional a pencil and straight edge. (I used a nail file. It was the closest thing to me lol.)

Ok lets do this.

 Step 1:
Place thumb tack upside down to measure where to make the hole.

Step 2:
Use pin tool to make the hole for the thumb tack.

Step 3. (optional)
Use a straight edge to draw a line of reference as you make the pattern.
(Don't push the pin tool all the way through the heel. It could make your hole too big.)

Step 4:
After all the thumb tacks are in place take your hammer and tap the ones that are not completely in the cork. And Voila!

!!!!!Extra Tips!!!!!
  1. Wear a thimble on your thumb. Or wrap with a couple band aids... Pushing those thumb tacks was no joke....in
  2. I found it more precise to make a vertical pattern than horizontal for these. Follow the pattern in the shoe it is much easier.  
  3. Do one side at a time THEN try to follow a pattern on the back of the heel. I just had to eyeball it to fill in spaces.
  4. Stay encouraged! It took a while on the 1st shoe. Once I got a good sense if things it took half the time on the other.
Love. Peace. Happy Feet!!

1 comment:

  1. Love the idea. I am going to try this out really soon on an old pair of shoes.

    Tea Todd

    www.teatodd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete